Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try?
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, the symptoms of anxiety include:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears. It can teach you how to relax and help you look at situations in a new, less frightening way. Also, therapy can help you develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today so we can schedule an appointment.